The last thing anyone wants to see is someone injured in an accident. However, the reality is in cities like Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Fontana and Upland, California, many automobile accidents happen every day. We have all been on one of the Inland Empire freeways, such as the I-15, I-10, I-215, or the State Highways like the 210, 91 or 60, where we have either seen the actual car accident or the after affects of a truck accident. The most important thing to do after a car accident which causes injury, is to find the right people you can rely upon to help you recover from the negligence of another.
In most instances, an injury victim will seek immediate medical care and attention. Good medical care, either through your primary physician, a chiropractor, physical therapist or other specialist, is vital to recovering compensation from an injury accident. These professionals will provide medical care you need, but they cannot help you recover from a negligent driver, a liable landowner or a careless dog owner. To seek recovery for your damages, including compensation for your medical expenses, loss of earnings, disfigurement and pain and suffering, you need an experienced, knowledgeable and qualified attorney.
Our firm has been extremely diligent and successful in handling personal injury claims from San Dimas, California to Riverside and from Barstow to Corona. Whether your injury claim involves a car accident on an Inland Empire freeway or local street, a slip and fall claim in a Bloomington store, a medical malpractice claim against a Colton doctor, a dog bite in Victorville, a construction accident in San Bernardino, or some other form of an accident or injury from a product defect our Rancho Cucamonga law office should be consulted as part of your efforts to find a quality personal injury trial attorney.
If you give us a call to discuss your Inland Empire injury claim with one of our personal injury attorneys, or one of our paralegals, we will give you straightforward answers and will explain the insurance claim process from beginning to end. Additionally, you will receive a detailed personal injury book specially prepared for you.
GIVE US A CALL TODAY AT 909-481-0100 OR SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE.
Because we know we are a quality personal injury firm, we are not afraid of competition. Therefore, we want you to know how to choose a personal injury lawyer. All we ask is that you provide us an opportunity to review your case and show you why selecting our firm is a great idea.
There are many attorneys found in the Yellow Pages and on the Internet advertising their availability. In fact, in most of the Inland Empire telephone directories, there are literally hundreds of attorneys advertising their expertise in the area of injury recovery. So how do you know which attorney is best for you?
In the next segment you can read our suggestions for selecting a good personal injury attorney to handle your auto accident, slip and fall or dog bite case in the Inland Empire. Or, you can jump forward to see how David Ricks' Inland Empire Law Group can provide a higher level of service.
There are really three steps to selecting a good personal injury attorney. These include, research, interviews and personal consideration.
Research Many Attorneys or Firms Before Hiring Your Personal Injury Attorney
First, research is critically important to finding the right attorney to help you successfully recover compensation for your injury claim. Most Yellow Page ads and Internet sites don't tell you much about the attorney or law firm that is paying for that ad. In the most recent Yellow Pages ads from Ontario - Upland - Rancho Cucamonga area Verizon Book, many ads were indistinguishable in their content and were terribly unhelpful in determining which attorney could best provide the services required by the injured victim. Some of these ads highlighted the following:
"Injured? Accident? Over $100,000,000 Collected"
"Personal Injury Largest Verdict $14.6 Million"
"Free Initial Consultation"
"Have You or Someone You Love been INJURED?"
"We Can Help You -- Now"
"Serious Injury Specialists"
"We'll get you the money you deserve!"
After these banner headlines, each ad gives you a list of all the various types of claims or accidents the attorney or law firm handles.
Automobile Accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, wrongful death claims, bicycle accidents, animal inflicted injuries, medical malpractice, product liability, uninsured motorist claims, paralysis, disfigurement, spinal injuries, head trauma, pedestrian accidents, neck and back injuries, whiplash injuries, etc.
Once you've gone through all these ads, you have learned little to nothing about the attorney, the way cases are handled and how you are going to be treated as a potential personal injury client. In fact, many of the ads in the Yellow Pages are on the verge of being deceptive. For example, from the headlines listed above, there is no "specialty" for personal injury in California; nearly every injury recovery attorney provides a free consultation; no one can truly promise that you will get the money you "deserve"; and who actually collected over $100,000,000.00?
The Internet sometime is not much better, but it certainly provides a bit more information than a two page spread in the Yellow Pages.
Asking for a referral from a friend or family member that has used an attorney might be helpful to at least add someone to your list or eliminate someone that failed to provide exceptional service.
You might even want to call attorneys that do not practice in personal injury law and ask who they would recommend. If a name comes up a few times, that attorney should be among the people you want to interview.
The truth is, nothing beats good research. Remember, you are putting your future recovery in the hands of someone you have probably not met before your accident.
REMEMBER, IT IS YOUR CASE AND THE ATTORNEY WILL BE WORKING FOR YOU. YOU'RE THE BOSS!!!
WARNING: WATCH OUT FOR THE ATTORNEY OR PERSON THAT CONTACTS YOU IN PERSON OR BY TELEPHONE AFTER YOUR ACCIDENT. THIS IS ILLEGAL UNLESS THERE WAS SOME PRIOR RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND THE ATTORNEY.
INTERVIEW SEVERAL ATTORNEYS
Select three, four or more attorneys from your investigation in the Yellow Pages, Internet and discussion with friends, neighbors, relatives and others. Make sure you include the Inland Empire Law Group as one of your visits. Thereafter, verify the following:
1. DOES A LIVE PERSON ANSWER THE PHONE? Call each law office and see if you can immediately speak to a live person as opposed to a machine. (Personalized attention is so much more enjoyable than talking to a machine.)
2. DO THEY RETURN YOUR CALL? If you leave a message for a return phone call, monitor how quickly that office returns your call. (If you receive a prompt return call, within the same day or early the following day, you will most likely get your future calls returned if you become a client.)
3. DOES THE PERSON LISTEN TO YOU? Does the person speaking with you listen and understand your circumstances and condition? The most important part of communication is listening. If they listen to you, they are more likely to understand and address your needs.
4. IS THE APPOINTMENT CONVENIENT FOR YOU? Does the attorney's office provide you a convenient time for you to consult with one of their staff or attorneys? If the appointment is convenient to you, then you know that your needs and concerns are a priority. Unreasonable requests such as, "I need to see the lawyer now" is not a good measurement of this principle.
5. DO YOU GET THE TIME NECESSARY TO SHARE YOUR CASE INFORMATION? During the meeting, decide whether the interviewer is thorough and willing to take the time to answer all your questions. If the person you meet with will not take their time with you during this stage of the case, it is a sure bet that they will not give you more time later on.
6. IS THE OFFICE CLEAN, ORGANIZED, CONVENIENTLY LOCATED AND WELL STAFFED? Meet at the attorney's office. Look around you. Is the office clean, organized, well staffed, properly equipped and professional looking? Is the office local to you? If not, you may want to consider how the distance will affect your communications and relationship with that office. Having to drive to Los Angeles or Orange County is much more difficult for residents of the Inland Empire than driving to Rancho Cucamonga.
7. ASK QUESTIONS. Ask Questions, about your case and the attorney.
a. Does the attorney have experience in your type of case?
b. Who will be handling the case? Will it be kept in house or sent to an outside attorney?
c. How will you be kept informed of the developments of the case?
d. Are there any hidden fees or costs?
e. Has the attorney gone to trial in personal injury cases?
f. If a settlement is reached, how will the amount of the settlement be determined?
g. How much is your case worth? (This is a trick question, because the person has no clue what your case is worth at that moment in time. Only after the case has been properly prepared can that estimate be provided.)
f. What are the fees and costs if you settle the case or go to trial? If you win or loose the case, what will the costs be?
8. CHECK ON YOUR FUTURE ATTORNEY. Check with the State Bar of California to see if the attorney has had any action taken against his/her license to practice law. You may also consider calling the local Bar Association to see if they are a member and if there has been any problems with that attorney.
WHICH PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE GIVES
YOU THE MOST CONFIDENCE THAT THEY WILL SERVE
YOU BEST. REMEMBER AGAIN, IT IS YOUR CASE AND
Sometimes this is the hardest part, the final decision on which attorney to use. Consider the following:
1. How did you feel when you delt with the people?
2. Did they provide you materials or information to help you make your decision?
3. Was the office convenient and inviting to you?
4. If you had to go to court, which lawyer would you want to be presenting your case to a jury of your peers and fighting for you in court?
Once you decide which attorney you will use for your Inland Empire personal injury claim, re-evaluate your experience as you go. If you are not happy with your service, let them know that you expect better.
At David H. Ricks & Associates and the Inland Empire Law Group, we believe that we will get high marks at all levels of the decision making process. Our fundamental objective is to provide the client with the best representation we can, as well as the best experience with an attorney's office in the Inland Empire.
We want the opportunity to present ourselves to you and prove that we are the firm that will rank highest on your list from beginning to end.
GIVE US A CALL TODAY. 909-481-0100. OR, IF YOU PREFER, SEND US YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CASE IN THE FORM ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE PROVIDE ALL YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION SO WE CAN CALL YOU TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR CASE.